Tuesday 10 November 2015

Work Diary - Animation

Evaluation 


As a class, we shot our images for animation, and were taught how to edit the images into animations. Firstly, we each used a normal still image to create a colour difference animation. I chose a portrait image, and with the use of Photoshop - using the timeline, I was able to create an animation of my image changing from colour, to black and white, back to colour again. I did this twice, the first I made the duration of the animation really slow so the transition of the colours is much slower. The second time I sped up the duration, so the colour and black and white image flash between each other. I am pleased with the outcome of these images. To create an actual moving animation, we each used each other as models and shot continuous images of our models moving. I chose to ask my model to do a roly-poly, and set my camera to the 'continuous shot' setting. This allowed me to capture each stage of the role-poly motion from beginning to end. My camera was positioned on a tripod so it did not move between shots. When editing, I used the timeline again, but instead uploaded all the images that I had taken. I then duplicated the images but in reverse. This allowed me to create an animation of my model doing a forward roll-poly, and it also enables the animation to reverse - making it look like my model did a backwards role-poly as well. This was really enjoyable to shoot and create. 


This is the quick colour changing animation I created. I chose to use a portrait because the colour change would be evident, especially as there is a lot of colour within this picture anyway. Also, I like this picture in particular because the background is blurry as it is from the depth of field shoot, so the focus is on the model only. I created a slow moving and fast moving animation because I wanted to see the difference between the two, plus it was enjoyable to create both to see which I prefer - although I like both for different reasons. For this shot my camera was set to the lowest aperture on my camera, which is F0.5.

 photo Animation_zpsu6c6omjg.gif

This is the moving animation I created, and I am very happy with it. To begin with, I created an animation of just the normal role-poly using the shots I had taken in the shoot. However, it was quite quick, and stopped suddenly at the end, so I decided to upload the images in reverse as well so that the animation continuously plays, plus I think this makes the animation more humorous. I also like that the trees move in the background from the wind, as it shows movement throughout the entire photo.

Progression


I enjoyed producing these animations and I hope I will find a use within my project to use this technique. I like the idea of using animation to show movement within photography, rather than just taking a blurry photo. I would like to use animation within my street photography, with the motion of cars/traffic, people walking around, busy streets etc. I could also use this technique within my portraiture shoots as well - particularly when I’m shooting the topic of mental illness - as the animation could add more mystery or excitement to the images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment