Saturday 28 November 2015

Work Diary - Shoot 2: Leigh-On-Sea

Evaluation 


For this shoot, my camera was set to ISO 200, F22 and a shutter speed of 1/125. I wanted to take photos of the best parts of Leigh-on-sea but the weather was extremely bad so the lighting of the images was dark. Therefore, I decided to shoot a few photos of an old fashioned cafe in the streets of Leigh-on-sea instead. I liked the old fashioned vibe of this cafe, as well as a few other places around too, but the images of the cafe's seating areas and old, rustic signs etc. were far more appealing than other images I took. I would like to go back to Leigh-on-sea and try to shoot photos of the sea and the boats lined up together, as well as sailing in the sea. Due to not being able to capture the photos I want, this shoot doesn't really match all my other shoots. However, I think it relates to my topic because the 'identity' of the cafe is old fashioned and rustic, which is what I have been able to show through my images anyway. These photos add a contrast to my project, as all my other photos are quite modern - whereas this shoot is quite vintage. 


This is one of my favourite shots, as I like the contrast between the white wall and wood panels as appose to the brightly coloured 'Hot Chocolate' sign. When editing this image, I knew I had to make sure the sign was standing up straight that I think I have achieved and am happy with the outcome. The fact the sign is rusted and discoloured in some places, shows that the cafe is quite vintage and old fashioned - which again is what I was planning to achieve. There were a few signs like this dotted around the place, but this one and the photo I shot of it, is my favourite. 


I shot a few images of the seating areas and tables within the cafe, at different angles and zooms. I like this one in particular because the focus is on the center of the table, which is the flowerpot and condiments. Therefore, the chair and background look slightly blurred, and because of this, the flowers look brighter and are the most colourful aspect of the image. Again, I like the old fashioned, vintage vibe of this image as the chairs and tables were quite old, as well as the pot that the flowers are being held in. The tabletops also had a bright orange menu on top, which was also quite old fashioned as well.  

Progression


Although I didn't shoot the images I would have liked due to weather issues, I think the outcome of this shoot came out very well. Despite the images not fitting the theme of my other shoots, as there are no people present in these images, I think they display a contrast from busy, popular places to smaller, and far quieter places. I also like the architectural and interior factor of these images, due to the table images. If I get a chance, I would like to shoot the images I planned too in Leigh-on-sea. However, for my next shoot I plan to move on, back too busier places, where I will be shooting in Brighton. I plan to take photos of people like my Norfolk images, but capturing the business of the place. As well as focusing on the beach, pier and the Brighton wheel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment