Thursday 25 June 2015

Work Diary - Minimum Depth of Field

Evaluation 

Minimum Depth of Field was a new technique which we learned in this lesson, whereby you have to use the lowest aperture on your camera which for me was F5.0, zoom into the subject but also stand close to it. At first, we all had to adapt the settings on our camera in order to take these photos, and then we had to practice shooting this, in groups, along with other techniques. I was only able to shoot one Minimum Depth of Field photo, which I really like. I enjoyed the technique, shooting and also plan to use it in the future. 


This is the one image I was able to take using the Minimum Depth of Field technique, the subject is the only part of the image which is in focus, as the background is blurred. 

Progression

If I were to re-do this shoot, I would attempt to take more photos using the technique, but also with different subjects and different positions (left, center, right). I liked this technique a lot as it allows the main focal point to stand out among the background, no matter how busy it is because it is blurred. I hope to use this technique wherever possible in my project as I like the style, and enjoy shooting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment