Thursday 25 June 2015

Work Diary - Sequencing

Evaluation 

In this lesson, we completed the Image Bank for Sequencing before actually going out to shoot, which gave us an idea of what Sequencing was, and how we were going to take Sequencing photos ourselves. We shot in groups, and used three different techniques. The first technique was to use the rest of our group to create a still image sequence, therefore I organised my models into a line, and then in each shot, I asked two of them to swap places. In the first and last images, the models are in the same positions so that it shows the sequence has begun, and ended. Whilst editing, I then used a multiple imagery technique, but placed the images in a horizontal line. The second technique we used was an animation. For this, I asked one of my models to do a somersault on the ground, and whilst he did so, I used the continuous setting on my camera so that I was able to capture multiple images within a couple of seconds. I then created the animation, and also played the frames backwards so that in the animation the model somersaults forwards, and then backwards into the beginning position. The final technique we used, was to take a minimum of three images, of the same model in different positions on a bench. For this, we had to keep the camera extremely still, and in the same position. In Photoshop, I then layered the three images on top of each other, and then rubbed out the top image so that I could see the other two photos as well, creating the illusion that there are three clones of the same model, in different positions in one image. This was incredibly fun and a completely new technique which I enjoyed learning, and hope to use in the future. 


These are the two still images I produced within the lesson, as described above. Using the first and last techniques we were taught. 


Progression 

If I were to continue with this technique, I would increase the complexity of the images by using more models, or creating another animation with a faster shutter speed so I captured more photos within the second. I would like to use all three techniques within my project somehow, as they are extremely interesting and creative. I particularly liked using animation, as that was completely new to me. I also really like the 3rd technique, of more than one of the same model in one photo, as that makes the photo far more unusual and interesting to look at. 


No comments:

Post a Comment