Wednesday 20 January 2016

Connecting Essay 2

My Image: 


Image I have found on the internet: 


For my image shown above, I used Multiple Flash to create 3 different faces. To do this, I asked my model to move between each flash (which I set off with a remote control), and asked her to change the position of her head and her facial expression. For instance, in the first shot, whereby my model is looking to the left, she looks blank and has no expression whatsoever. Whereas in the second shot, and in her second 'face' she is smiling and looking directly into the camera lens, and in her third shot and third 'face' she is looking down at the floor, with a very frustrated and sad facial expression. I used Multiple Flash to create the idea of multiple identities and multiple emotions all at once, and I believe this photo achieves that concept. 

In the image I have found on the Internet, the photographer has created a similar concept. In this image, the model is looking to the left, with a blank expressionless face, to the front with her hands covering her face, and to the right with her mouth wide open. Like my own image, this creates the idea of feeling 3 different things all at once, and also shows three sides to that model. I like how the photographer used a black background to enhance the look of the image, as the photo is darker and more mysterious with a dark background, and the shadows link with the feelings that the facial expressions from the model appear to portray. 

These photos are connected because both the Internet photographer and I have used Multiple Flash to create three different faces using one photographer. We both have also used a black background with this. I like these images because both the Internet photographer and I were able to express our idea using one image, without much editing. I also like how interesting the image is, because there isn't just one focal point, as you have to look at each individual 'face' and what it expresses. These photos emulate stories about their model and show different emotions through the different faces. 



No comments:

Post a Comment