Tuesday 12 January 2016

Mid-Project Evaluation

I have recently completed my 5th personal shoot, which were photographs of people and the scenery of Menorca, Spain whilst I was on holiday. However, I believe that I would like to move on from Street Photography, and move on to a more personal level of photography. In doing so, I want to capture different styles of Portraiture.

To begin this new, added topic, I want to shoot on Location, focusing on one person, but still having lots of people around so that it links with my previous shoots in London and Brighton. I then would like to move on to emotional portraiture, which will finally allow me to focus on a more personal level, as I would like to shoot images that reflect the feelings of Mental Illnesses and social views.

Despite changing the direction of my project, these images which I will from this point on, create, will still link to my topic idea. As I have called this topic 'Identity', I have now moved on from the tourist attractions and elements of different places, which make that place, that specific place. But instead, will be focusing on the true identity of people, or the lack of identity that they wish to share. I will do this through different techniques such as Multiple Flash, as well different editing techniques inspired by Erwin Blumenfeld.


Overall, so far I have enjoyed my street photography shoots, but would like to move on to something more in depth and emotional. Therefore, I have decided to shoot portraiture, as well as self-portraiture, to express different topics, ideas and emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment