Wednesday 20 January 2016

Connecting Essay 3

My Image: 


Image I have found on the internet: 


My image above was taken when I visited London Hyde Park and was shooting 'Street Photography'. In this photo, we can see two young boys cycling on Santander Bank bicycles. I like this image a lot because of the depth shown within the narrowing of the cycle path, but also because the trees get smaller. This image is also rather interesting because it shows a normal thing happening naturally in an ordinary setting. When you zoom into the image, you can see the facial expressions of the two boys, who both look rather happy. The colours of this photo are rather vibrant such as the green grass and leaves, which also connects with the happiness of the young boys cycling. 

In the image I have found on the Internet, we can see two teenagers cycling on Barclays Bank bicycles. In this image they are cycling down a road, and smiling. I like this image due to the depth of the road and buildings, as they become narrower and smaller. I also like that the two teenagers are wearing brightly coloured t-shirts, despite the weather looking quite grey and cold. In this image, there are hardly any other people, but only a few cars parked along the road, so our soul focus is on the two teenagers riding the bikes. 

These photos connect because they both show two people cycling in London, looking really happy. I like both of these images a lot because they both show depth, and therefore show how far the people in the images have cycled. These images are a clear representation of what Londoners do on a bright and sunny day. Despite the images being shot in different places in London, it shows that people use the Bank bicycles to travel around London, for fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment