Wednesday 20 January 2016

Connecting Essay 5

My Image: 


Image I have found on the Internet: 


My image was taken in my shoot in Harlow, whereby I solely focused on Location Portraiture, as I wanted to move away from Street Photography gradually. In this image, I asked my model to walk along the center of the road, walking away from the camera. Therefore, this creates a mysterious feeling for the image. This also creates depth as the road narrows the further away it gets from the camera. I also like that the lighting is bright around the model, but the model himself appears like a black silhouette as he is wearing dark clothing. I like this effect because it makes the model the boldest and darkest part of the image. 

The image I have found on the Internet is of a lady standing in the middle of a pathway, walking away from the camera, in between a street of buildings. From this shot, we can see depth as the road and buildings narrow as they gradually get further away from the camera. Also the effect is a yellowy-Sepia colour, which makes the image look old and rustic. I also like that the model is really far away from the camera and facing away, so that they are just a silhouette. I also like that the lighting is rather bright because it is reflecting off the middle of the road, which looks like the path that the model has walked. 

These image slink because they both show a model walking away from the camera along a road/pathway. Both images also have quite high key lighting, which makes the model look like a black silhouette, making the image quite mysterious. I believe both of these images depict a story as they raise questions as to why the model is walking away, rather than walking towards the camera. We also cannot see either of the models faces, so know nothing about them. Both of the images show depth as the pathways become narrower as they follow to the background of the image. 


No comments:

Post a Comment